Thursday, September 28, 2006

Yes, I'm a nerd...

White and Nerdy
From Weird Al's forthcoming album Straight Outta Lynnwood (hey! I grew up in Lynnwood!)
Run Time: 2min 47sec
Original Format: HD (or so the weird one says on his Myspace Page)
Creator's Webpage: WeirdAl.com


::: Hey Google~ers... if you're looking for the White and Nerdy Midi, you can find it HERE... but poke around in this GALLIxSEE for a minute or two- you might just find something worthwhile. After all- I'm a nerd, you're a nerd. We can all be geeky together! Oh, and if you haven't seen it (or if you just need a refresher), check out both the original Ridin' Dirty and Weird Al's White and Nerdy videos below... :::



...well, actually more of a geek. Or wait. Maybe I'm more of a dork. How does one distinguish these things, anyways?
Regardless, Weird Al has certainly managed to distill the essence of nerdiness in one nifty little package. He's got everything necessary for a successful hit: gangstas, fast cars, bowling, pocket protectors and even... wait for it... bubble wrap. *sigh* my dreamboat.

Besides the fact that I grew up in Lynnwood (probably not the same one he's referring to, but we did used to call it Lynn-hood), and my sister calls me Al (don't even think about it) I have to say that I actually get more of the jokes in this video than I care to freely admit. Or wait- I guess I just did. What's so nerdy about Earl Grey? Or Wikipedia? jeez...

And yes. I'm feeling random today.


Oh and in case you're curious what the spoof is all about (I admittedly had to look it up, I had never heard of the Chamillionaires before), here is the original video, Ridin' Dirty from the Chamillionaires. I think the spoof is even more hilarious after seeing the original:



I thought this video particularly appropriate because my housemate violet and I are fixin' to do a lil' social experiment caught on tape here in our 'transitional' neighborhood in the C.D. (read, the See-dy). More on that news as it breaks. I'll make sure you, all three of my loyal readers are kept abreast of the most important video news as it happens. Really.