Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ambient Perspective

Diffraction
2min 27sec
Mini-DV
Filmmaker's Page: CatalystKomics




Today's selection, Diffraction, is one from the vast
CatalystKomics archive. It is my personal favorite of the shorts there, and is a film that gave me a new perspective on what makes for interesting video. Actually, all of D's videos are very interesting and perspective-shift inducing. I highly recommend setting aside a few minutes to browse his work. This one moves me particularly because it plays with available/ambient light in a way that I had never thought to-- as a dance with the camera lens. The light itself becomes the star of the show and breathes new depth into the possibilities of intentional lens flares. The experimental soundtrack is also highly effective and adds another level of scope to the project.

::viva la luz::



No comments: