Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Winter Dancing...

...ok, I know it's summer. But I stumbled upon this video in the Current TV studio recently and it actually made me look forward to winter. Well, not really, but I was absolutely astounded by the beauty and emotion evoked from such a simple concept: dancing in the snow. So that's how others stave off the winter nasties. Produced by Great Sitting Films out of Santa Monica , CA, this film was shot entirely in 'film clip mode' on a small digital still camera. Makes me wonder what my little Canon point and shoot can do... hmmm.

Currently, this video sits at the #15 rank on the Current TV leaderboard. It needs to go to #1 to get on air. If you haven't created a Current Studio account, this is a good excuse to do it. As a member (its free, of course), you can watch and greenlight viewer created content. The #1 video on the leaderboard each week is purchased by Current and put on air. In my humble opinion, this is television as it should be. I'm working on two pods for Current right now. They should be done within the next few weeks. Y'all will be the first to see them, I promise. For now, enjoy The Winter of the Dance by Great Sitting Films.







p.s. I don't work for Current TV nor am I affiliated with them in any way. I just think what they're doing is really friggin' cool.

No comments: